Kornati National Park
Kornati is also known as the Stormorski islands. It is located in the northern Dalmatian region, west of Sibenik, Croatia.
Kornati is not an island but 140 islands of varying sizes. The name Kornati is the plural of one of the islands in this archipelago which happens to be the largest.
Kornati can be divided geographically into two main parts; the upper kornati (Gornji kornati) which is closer to the mainland and the lower kornati (Donji kornati) which faces the Sea.
In 1980, 89 (out of the total of 140 islands) were declared a national park. These islands were the southernmost ones facing the sea in the Kornati archipelago. The park “Nacionalni Park Kornati” was declared to protect the islands and preserve the natural marine ecosystem.
The islands in the Kornati archipelago are mostly rocky in nature; over 80% of the total land surface is rocky while a meager 5% has vegetal cover.
The fortress of Tureta which is located on kornati is the most significant fortress on all the islands in Kornati. It is believed to have been erected as far back as the 8th century. It is assumed to have been built for military purposes for controlling and navigating activities around these parts.
It is a surreal experience to cruise past these little islands in the Adriatic with some wine and delicious Croatian cuisine to top it all. If you’re in Croatia, this is one experience you don’t want to miss. Experience the numerous small coves, beaches, bays, islets, and reefs that make up the National park.
There are several tours and excursion packages to the National park which are flawed. Most of them don’t even go inside the park itself. Others pack too many guests on the boat, leaving you uncomfortable on a slow ride.
At taxi-boat Sibenik, we offer some of the best tour services to the National park.
Our previous customers recommend us for the following reasons:
- We don’t only pick you up from Sibenik. We pick you from anywhere you like
- We can boast of the most competent staff. Our drivers are experienced and friendly.
- We won’t pack you with dozens of other people. You won’t have to deal with a crowd.
- Private excursions are offered if that’s what you prefer.
- You will get to see other surreal locations; our drivers will make sure of that
- Do you want to know what the water feels like? By all, take a swim, because you can.
- Food and drinks won’t be a problem. Enjoy the best of Dalmatian cuisine and the best locally made wine.
- We also offer personalized services. All you have to do is ask!
- Our boats are well-maintained and of high quality.
- Our prices are super affordable; you won’t have to break the bank.
Give yourself a treat, experience nature at its best at Kornati. Have a close encounter with the Adriatic Sea, the wonderful views of the Levrnaka Island’s coasts, the ancient Roman ruins on Mana Island and much more.